Teeth are the first thing that shows up when you smile. A beautiful smile can be totally destroyed if the front teeth are broken, damaged or worn out. Earlier teeth were given a crown which was sometimes made of gold to give them a better appearance. Nowadays the same effect can be had from the use of dental veneers which covers the defects of the teeth. Bad teeth can be repaired by putting a veneer on it to hide the cracks, or broken portions. In case of such problems your dentist will know what to do and you can get back your lovely smile within a few days.
Temporary solution for teeth
The best alternative to a permanent covering is to have a press on veneer that can be taken off whenever it is not required. The advantages of this type of veneer are:
- You can get the DIY kits online to take the impression of the teeth you want to be covered.
- You can send the impression to the lab to get it fabricated by the technician
- You can get the finished material by mail at your home.
- The covers for the teeth can be removed and reused whenever you want
- The solution is affordable, and you can look your best even when you do not have the time to go in for professional solutions.
- You do not have to visit the dentist and can save a lot of money when you order for these temporary solutions.
Disadvantages of temporary solutions
There are quite some problems that press on veneers cannot solve. They are:
- The impression taken by you may not be perfect as you may not be trained to do so. It may produce results that are unsatisfactory.
- Even if you can take a good impression, the work done in the lab may not be satisfactory. The product made at the lab from the impression you have sent may not be comfortable or provide a perfect fit.
- You have to remember to take them off every time you go to sleep.
- They can break easily because they are thinner and lighter than the product that is fixed permanently to the teeth.
- They cannot take care of the gaps in the teeth or badly positioned teeth.
Better solutions to problems
Taking professional help is the best way that you can solve problems of our teeth. The gaps between small teeth can cause innumerable problems. You may have worn out edges that will make you look more aged than you really are. Your teeth may look crooked as they are not in their correct positions. These defects in your teeth can be rectified by the use of multiple veneers which can be used to fill up the gaps, mend the broken edges and make the teeth longer.
Composition of veneers
It can be made from two different materials. They can be a composite material that is built up inside the mouth or fabricated in the lab by a dental technician and then installed on the teeth with dental cement. They can also be made from ceramic in a laboratory by a dental technician and then fixed to the teeth by a resin called Panavia. Both of these solutions are permanent and you cannot remove them whenever you want to do so.